- This event has passed.
Magnolia – Basic Long Range Shooting
October 14 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
$200 Per Student
All training will be held at the SGA Outdoor Range.
- 28 years State and Federal Law Enforcement
- Federal/State Certified Firearms Instructor Coordinator (FIC)
- Federal Firearms Instructor Training Program (FITP) National Instructor
- 22 years as Special Operations Division, Special Response Team (SRT) member
- 15 years as SRT Forward Observer (Sniper) and FO Instructor
The training will be one (1) day (4 hours), beginning at 8am and lasting until approximately 12:30pm. All training will be held at the Spring Guns and Ammo Long Rifle Range, Magnolia, TX. Shooters will be engaging targets from approximately 50 yards to approximately 600 yards.
To provide relevant long range shooting information and techniques to improve each shooters ability to make long range rifle shots.
A centerfire bolt action or semi-automatic rifle equipped with a variable power optical device (Scope) capable of dialing in ranges out to at least 600 yards. Scope will work best with a Mil Dot, Mil Radian (Mil Rad or Mil-R) or Horace reticle system. Shooting bags, Bipod or backpack to lay rifle on for stability, 120 rounds of ammo (please keep the type of ammo to one specific manufacture and weight/grainage for the duration of course) for the rifle. Notebook and pencil or pen and small calculator. Spotting scope and range finder, if you have them. Eye and ear protection required. Hat, sunscreen, chair and snacks as needed.
PLEASE HAVE RIFLE ALREADY ZEROED FOR 100 YARDS BEFORE ATTENDING.
ABSOLUTELY NO ARMOR PIERCING AMMO ALLOWED. PLEASE LIMIT RIFLE CALIBER TO 30 CALIBER. NO .223/5.56, .338, .416 OR .50.
Class works best with your own rifle. If you just want to try long range shooting we will have long range rigs to rent and ammo to purchase.
Class size limited to 10 people. Note: Once the first 10 have registered, the site will not allow additional shooters.
You must pre-register on the SGA website, then contact Kris at (281) 914-8031 or [email protected], who will provide information/directions.
The following will be covered in no particular order and as time allows:
- Shooting position/Trigger press
- Cold Bore shot
- Zeroing rifle/Hold over/under using scope reticle
- Getting dope out to 600 yards
- Note: Topics may be adjusted due to changes in environment conditions, range conditions and weather